Advertisement

Nigeria’s oldest preacher Sadela dies at 114

sadela

“I feel happy to be this old. Actually, I feel like a young man. I still enjoy my meal of Iyan (pounded yam), Eba and bush meat. I sleep whenever I want to and wake up stronger I want to live longer to prove to all that God remains the same as He was in times past. If Methuselah could live for 969 years, God can make me live well beyond 113. If Noah could be 950, it is not too much for Him to make me live up to 200.” he said this when he marked his 113th last year birthday, the aged pastor had expressed hope to live up to 200 years of age.


Founder of the Gospel Apostolic Church, Pa Samuel Sadela, has passed on.
Pa Sadela, regarded as the oldest preacher in the country, was said to have died in a Lagos hospital after complications relating to old age – he was aged 114.
He died in the premises of the church in Lagos late Tuesday.
Although an official statement is yet to be issued by the church but a condolence register has been opened for the man of God who remained sensational even as a very old man.
The cleric, who claimed angels taught him to read the Holy Bible when he was only two years of age, married a 30-year-old woman in 2007.
“The Lord is my strength. I am very strong and energetic,” he was quoted as saying after the wedding in Lagos.
According to reports, he first got married in 1934, with the marriage lasting for 21 years, but none of the couple’s seven children reportedly lived beyond their infancy. A second marriage, said to have been consummated in 1965, was blessed with four children, but only two survived. His second wife died in 2001.
“He was one of the oldest pastors alive in Nigeria. There was a time he said miracles started taking place in his ministry when he was 90 years.
May his soul rest.
Nigeria’s oldest preacher Sadela dies at 114 Nigeria’s oldest preacher Sadela dies at 114 Reviewed by seniorman on August 27, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

www.facebook.com

Powered by Blogger.