Advertisement

Widow, 3 others who rob motorist along Mile2/Badagry Rd arrested

A widow and three men who are members of a robbery gang that specialize in terrorizing and robbing motorists along the Mile2/Badagry Expressway, have been arrested by men of the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS), Lagos State Police Command.

The robbers; Sera Emmanuel (31) the widow, Ismaila Morufu (30), Musaalobi Abdullahi (29) and Opeyemi Akinyemi (30), were arrested on August 27th along the Sango-Ifo road by Iyana-Iyesi in Ogun state.

The armed-robbers allegedly confessed to operating daily at some bad spots around Mile 2/Badagry Expressway, Mile 2/Apapa Expressway, Agege/Oshodi, Oworonsoki, Alapere, Bariga, Ikeja and Onipanu. Continue...



The Nation reports that while confessing to the crimes, the widow Sera Emmanuel, said she was the one responsible for supplying guns to the gang.
“I was born in 1983 and I am from Abeokuta. I buy guns for the gang and it was Ismaila that gave me money to buy guns for the gang. I went to Idiroko and bought two guns at N15, 000 each for the gang. They gave me only N25, 000 and N6, 000 for transport. I will not buy for them again’. she said One of the gang members, Morufu while confessing said: “I was arrested at Iyana Iyesi for snatching a handset at Mile 2, Lagos. It was Muri that led police to my house to arrest me". She said
Abdulliah, another gang members, who claims to be a panel beater said:
“I participated in the Oyingbo Ebute Meta robbery operation. We collected phones, money from victims at go-slow. This is my 15th armed robbery operation. I used to get between N25,000 and N30,000 in each operation but prostitutes, smoking and drinking made it impossible for me to save”. 
Akinyemi, an okada rider who was also arrested claimed that he was forced to become a member by one Apo he met in Mushin, where he had gone to eat
“I have operated five times but it was only once they gave me N30,000. They have been cheating me. I went to Cotonou with N300, 000 to buy Mazda but it had accident. It was because I needed to get money for the repair of my car that I followed them for the operation. I got N150,000. I have built house from armed robbery. It was Muri that brought police to arrest me” he said. 
The Lagos state Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Lelma Kolle confirmed the arrest of the gang members.
Widow, 3 others who rob motorist along Mile2/Badagry Rd arrested Widow, 3 others who rob motorist along Mile2/Badagry Rd arrested Reviewed by seniorman on September 03, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

www.facebook.com

Powered by Blogger.