Advertisement

5 Things We Learned From Chloë Grace Moretz's 'W' Cover Story

Chloe-Moretz-W-Magazine
Perfectly timed to promote her new film Carrie, Chloë Grace Moretz has landed on the cover of W magazine. Inside, she talks her first film auditions, the actresses who inspire her, how she won over Martin Scorsese for her Hugo role and the superpower she wishes she had. Here's five things we learned about child actress who is more adult than most ... adults.
1. She could cry on cue at just 6 years old. "I booked The Amityville Horror when I was 6. I did about four or five auditions and had to cry at every single one," she said. "When you're that young, it's a huge feat to be able to cry, so I did the same crying scene over and over to prove that I could and that I wasn't making myself crazy doing it." How does she do it? "A good magician never reveals her secrets," she said with a smile.
2. She had Angelina Jolie in mind when she took the Kick-Ass role. "When I found out about Kick-Ass, I was 10, and I was obsessed with the part," she explained. "Wanted, with Angelina Jolie, had just come out, and I was eager to do something cool like that, but not the kiddie version. I didn't want to run around with little laser guns and stupid stuff. Kick-Ass was not kiddie at all: My character was killing people from age 6. That would mess with your psyche." True that.
3. She pretending to be British to get cast by Martin Scorsese. "When I heard Martin Scorsese was directing, I thought it was going to be racy and really dark, but it was his first 'family' film," she recalled of Hugo. "They told me he only wanted to cast British actors, so I wore a wig and made an audition tape using a British accent. He liked my tape and flew me to New York, and I kept up the act that I was a British girl who had moved to L.A. After I read for him, I said in my regular voice, 'Bye, Marty!' He asked where my accent had gone, and I told him the truth. Luckily, he was amused."
4. She was a damn mature child. "[My brother] Trevor showed me Breakfast at Tiffany’s when I was 8 or 9. I love Audrey Hepburn," she said. "Watching that film, I realized that through acting you can transport an audience to another time and place and state of feeling."
5. She has a dream superpower. "It's pretty cliché, but I’d like to fly," she said. "I would not want to be invisible. I don’t want to see things that I don’t want to see. I’m a big fan of turning my head and not knowing."
Take a gander at Moretz's W photo shoot, below.




5 Things We Learned From Chloë Grace Moretz's 'W' Cover Story 5 Things We Learned From Chloë Grace Moretz's 'W' Cover Story Reviewed by seniorman on September 10, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

www.facebook.com

Powered by Blogger.